When most people think about GPS they think about getting directions, finding a stolen vehicle, or, perhaps, parents tracking the whereabouts of teenage children. For a business with a fleet of vehicles, however, a GPS spray on bedliner tracking system increases productivity when used to its full capability.
If you have a fleet of any kind of vehicles on the roads for any reason, there are several ways a GPS vehicle tracking system can increase productivity of both the vehicles and the drivers. Whether you are a customer service manager, a fleet manager or the owner of the company, GPS tracking can help you increase productivity in several areas and show a positive return on your investment in 90 days or less.
You work for a plumbing company and you have noticed that three of the plumbers you have on the road spend far longer on many jobs than the other seven plumbers. But you don’t know why. A GPS vehicle tracking system would tell you that those three plumbers actually do the job in the same amount of time. The difference is that they spend the extra time sitting in the truck with the engine idling. This behavior affects gas mileage, individual job productivity, company customer service productivity, and customer satisfaction (because the customers can see the trucks still sitting outside their homes). The data from your GPS vehicle tracking system will report to you how long the engine is idling, where it is located while idling, and exactly when the engine was turned on and off, as well as how long the vehicle stayed in any single place all day.
A GPS vehicle tracking system can help you improve efficiencies and productivity in several ways, as the account above demonstrates. Here are some additional ways you can expect to improve productivity and efficiency:
- Track and download reports with your GPS vehicle tracking system on the time spent at each location by each driver. Some companies report employee productivity increases of as much as 30%.
- Detect and eliminate excessive engine idling with your GPS vehicle tracking system and improve fuel efficiencies, reduce fuel costs, and reduce fuel consumption.
- Use the monitoring and reports provided by your GPS vehicle tracking system to monitor driving habits of employees and correct bad habits that are dangerous or inefficient. These actions will also help you keep your vehicles on the road longer, reduce maintenance costs, and save fuel and fuel costs.
- Use of a GPS vehicle tracking system to locate and direct or redirect the closest vehicles to customer locations. For any company trying to survive in a competitive environment, high productivity and performance in customer service might be your strongest competitive advantage. Knowing which vehicle is closest to a customer with an immediate need, will reduce response times, increase customer satisfaction, improve customer retention, and improve fuel and driver/employee efficiency and productivity.
- Installing a GPS vehicle tracking system in each vehicle in your fleet will improve your cost efficiency and improve your job productivity. Because a nearly invisible GPS device attached to the OBDII connection in the vehicle makes it possible to receive an immediate alert notification if there is a vehicle theft and because the GPS device allows you to pinpoint the location of the vehicle every second, retrieving the vehicle and apprehending the thief is much more likely. Most insurance companies offer reduced rates on insurance for all vehicles that are part of a GPS vehicle tracking system.
- The geo-fencing option that is part of a GPS vehicle tracking system allows you to set boundaries for each vehicle. If a vehicle is taken outside that defined area, you receive an instant alert. With this capability you can not only protect your vehicles at night, but you can detect any unauthorized use of company vehicles.
- Your GPS vehicle tracking system will also provide maintenance alerts. This can make a critical difference in both extending the life of the vehicle and preventing costly break-downs. It can also help you detect problems when they are just beginning instead of when they are big repairs that are both expensive to perform and that keep the vehicle off the road for some period of time. Improving productivity is a critical objective in most companies. Understanding the potential impact of a GPS vehicle tracking system for your company is a very potent argument for making the investment, especially when you will save enough to pay for the entire cost in 90 days or less.