Restoration architects are capable of restoring many different buildings. Whether the building is old or it’s damaged, it can be brought back to life by skilled top residential architects in Miami. This includes helping to restore the building back to its old glory and renewing some of the existing structure.
Through the years, it’s possible for buildings to get extra layers of paint and accumulate a lot of dirt. All of this can be cleaned and stripped away. Plus, restoration architects are able to update the electrical and plumbing to bring it up to today’s standards. It’s important that the original integrity is maintained and that means finding the right architect to do it.
1. Water damage. When there is significant water damage, various parts of the building may have to be torn out. Especially when there is mold, walls and floors may have to be removed prior to restoring the home.
2. Fire. Fires can damage a lot of things in a short period of time. Almost any home can be restored so that it looks like the fire was never there.
3. Storm. Hurricanes and tornadoes can rip off roofs, tear through walls and cause a lot of damage. A home can be restored to its natural beauty by the right architects.
4. Earthquake. All the shaking caused by an earthquake can split the foundation of a home or tear a house apart. There are ways that a home can be put back together.
5. Incorrect architecture. As research is done into previous generations, it can be found that a home was built with the wrong architecture for that time period. For example, if a plantation home was built to honor the Greek revival and a certain type of column wasn’t used, it isn’t right for the desired period.
6. Historic. There are many historic buildings throughout the country that need to be updated. Some of these are forgotten little buildings while others are prominent. When they have gone for too long without being updated, they look old, not historic. Architects can come in to apply a fresh coat of paint and clean the building to ensure it looks as important as it is.
7. Updating. There may be nothing wrong with the structural integrity but it’s lacking some modern conveniences. Restoration architects can add the plumbing and electricity necessary to modernize the building.
8. New owners. When new owners take hold of a building, it may need some work. Sometimes the new owners will want to bring the home back to the original state that it was in.
9. Restoration project. Some people just want to update a home. Whether you want to update your home to look like an older home or you’ve decided it’s time for your Victorian home to look like it did at the turn of the century, it can be restored.
10. Restore iconic residences. Some residences need to be remembered as they were when they were built, such as what the White House went through in the 1980s.