There is a myth among some people that video gamesvega.com are not ‘healthy’ for kids, but let’s assure you that it is not really the case.
As a matter of fact, online games can be rather healthy and beneficial to them, provided that they are enjoyed with certain guidelines. Moreover, family members can also get involved, and enjoy gaming together.
There are few ways to make online gaming experience safe for your kids and family:
- Time limits – When the family sits together to enjoy a good game online, there is no thing as “too much time”. An hour and a half is considered as healthy and appropriate. It is quite sufficient for having fun together.
- Multiplayer – You can choose to play multiplayer games, so that even the other members of the family get to participate in the games. There can be healthy competitions.
- Parent accounts – Many online gaming sites like Mcfansite offers a great option for creating parent accounts, which gives parents the option to take complete control if needed.
- Snack time – Kids love to snack while they are busy playing games. You can use this opportunity and make them eat healthy foods, instead of potato chips and fizzy drinks. You can try fruit juices, veggies, dip cheese etc.
- Patience and stress relief – Sometime gaming can become a little competitive. While in the mood of gaming a little frustration is accepted. Things like cursing, screaming, abusing, and controller throwing should be strictly disallowed.
- Cooperative games – Multiplayer games are a great option, but cooperative games are a little less stressful, and are generally played with mellow moods. These kinds of games will be ideal for the grandparents of the house, who wish to bond with their grandkids.
- Parental controls – Everything should have a limit. Parents should install time limit system, and can also filter out offensive information. This will help the kids to stay away from unnecessary information, and also manage their gaming time.
- Physical activities – Family gaming time is great, but physical games are as important, if not more. Set some time aside for your kids to do physical activities like cycling, playing outdoors games like basketball hockey etc. Physical activities will help the kids and family members stay physically active and fit.
- Take care of the time – Family gaming time should not disturb the bed time. As discussed earlier, an hour and a half is appropriate for family gaming time. Make sure that you end the gaming session at least one hour before sleeping, for getting a restful sleep.
- Active gaming – Online games also have different varieties. In some games, the players have to sit back in one place and play, whereas in some games the whole body gets involved. Games like dancing, jumping etc will be a mix for both physical and mental activity.
Online gaming is a lot fun with the entire family. It is advisable for parents to have at least one session of family gaming time every week. All family members can enjoy these games, baring age limit. If the parents or guardians follow the above mentioned preventive steps, then gaming will be surely gainful for your kids, rather than being a disadvantage.